Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Provision

I'm not sure if you knew it or not, but the God we serve is always faithful. I know we have heard this said and maybe in our heads think "yeah, I know this." But I'm here to share with you a little of what has happened in my life lately to show concrete evidence of just how faithful He is to us. When I left my job in the corporate world 18 months ago, the number one question I was asked was "what are you going to do for money."  Most people didn't care that it was God who told me to leave. They only questioned the worldly wisdom in leaving a "secure" job with good benefits in order to live by faith. My answer at the time to them was an honest one. That answer was "I don't know."  Yes, I realize how absolutely insane this sounds to our human ears. However, when we listen with our spiritual ears, we often hear something completely different.

What I heard God ask me repeatedly was "Do you trust Me or not?" Can you imagine how it feels to hear God ask you this question? I had to be honest with myself. Was a truly trusting Him to provide for me or was I trusting in my own abilities? The reality is that no job is secure. The only true security in this life is faith in Christ. Since I left, I've had opportunities to earn income in unexpected ways (secret shopper jobs, research studies, childcare, and house cleaning). Through everything, I've continued tithing and believing in God's word commanding me to simply trust Him. There have been times when I've been asked to start watching a child, but knew the time required did not align with what God had been telling me to do for Him. I've had to decline work opportunities. I know this may sound irresponsible to some, but I MUST remain obedient to God in all things.

It is because of this obedience that I have seen doors open supernaturally. I'm currently involved in planning a concert for Charlotte that will reach out to people struggling with addictions and help connect them to treatment centers and ways to get free! As I'm in meetings for this I am in awe of where God has placed me. Last night the founder of Invasion (the name of the concert) asked me for my creative ideas. I've never been asked before! I know I have been through certain experiences in my life that have prepared me for where God has me now. I also know I'm constantly learning and growing so I can be prepared for all He has for me in the future.

Now to get back to the provision part. In the time since I've left my job I've had people give me money and gift cards explaining God told them to help me. When I thought I owed several months in HOA dues, my landlord called and the company mysteriously "found" $200 that had never been applied. Last year a family I know paid off what was owed on Kiara's tuition for school. This was a family that was in their own "situation" and yet still knew God wanted them to help. A few months ago, I was given a vehicle. Just this last week an acquaintance through Facebook and a friend of his (a total stranger to me) contacted me wanting to pay my electric bill (combined they paid $175!).

Please know my heart in sharing all these things. I am not trying to boast in anything I have done. I am sharing to give you examples from my own life of how God is always faithful to His word. I have made many mistakes along the way, but I am still striving to be obedient to His will for me. In that, I know He sees me. He reminds me of this through unexpected ways.  It can be easy to read stories in scripture of God providing for His people, but it is something completely different to see Him provide in your own life. When we trust Him FULLY, He becomes alive. This christian thing is personal and not just words on a page.

Has God been speaking to you regarding His will for your life? What is that dream deep inside you heart that has been dormant but has begun to stir? Where has He given you passion? I have always loved music and now God has placed me somewhere that is working through music to reach people for Him! If I had remained at my desk in the "secure" job, this could never have happened! If you are unsure what His will is for you or what direction to go next, I recommend fasting. When we take away something in order to spend time to hear Him more clearly, His voice becomes more distinct. I pray as you start this new year that you will see the next step God wants you to take. In that, know the complete path may not be clear. Remember, I had no idea of what the next step was after I left my job! However, God will always be there to guide us from one step to the next. So what are you waiting for? Get to stepping!


"
If you carefully observe all these commands I am giving you to follow—to love the LORD your God, to walk in obedience to him and to hold fast to him— then the LORD will drive out all these nations before you, and you will dispossess nations larger and stronger than you. Every place where you set your foot will be yours: Your territory will extend from the desert to Lebanon, and from the Euphrates River to the Mediterranean Sea. No one will be able to stand against you. The LORD your God, as he promised you, will put the terror and fear of you on the whole land, wherever you go.  See, I am setting before you today a blessing and a curse—the blessing if you obey the commands of the LORD your God that I am giving you today; the curse if you disobey the commands of the LORD your God and turn from the way that I command you today by following other gods, which you have not known." Deuteronomy 11:22-28

No comments:

Post a Comment