Wednesday, January 16, 2013

A Shot of Faith (To The Head) by Mitch Stokes, PhD

A Shot of Faith (to the Head) is an excellent read for those looking for ways to answer common questions raised against Christianity. The book focuses on arguments from Atheists, but the information given can be used with various audiences. Dr. Stokes provides both practical and scientific evidence for use in sharing the gospel with those who profess an atheistic belief.

I stepped a bit out of my comfort zone in reading A Shot of Faith (to the Head). It was definitely a challenge to me in many ways.  I can normally read a book relatively quick, however this one required much more thought than most reads. I have had many interactions with atheists and encountered many of the arguments addressed in this writing. I found this a book requiring completely undivided attention.

I found the chapter on evolution to be the most beneficial since this is a theory believed by many people, even Christians. The "arsenal" given at the end of each chapter is great to use as a reference when answering questions from unbelievers.

If you are easily challenged when reading, then this may not be the best book for you. I found it difficult to follow along at times and had to read some parts more than once. If there is an Atheist in your life whom loves to challenge you on theology, then this is a must read. The best way to respond to those who argue the scientific "proof" against God is to know the scientific arguments for God.

No comments:

Post a Comment