Sunday, May 20, 2012

Just Can't Be Explained

Have you ever had an encounter with God so tremendous that it leaves you rocked to your core? That somewhat sums up my day. I'm honestly struggling to find the words to explain what I'm feeling right now. I don't know how to handle the feeling of being speechless! For several weeks I have been writing these posts even though there was absolutely NOTHING in me that FELT like writing. Things in my life are really not all that bad and yet every day has been a battle. I knew some of the "funk" was because of past sins that I've continued to battle. Even though I was no longer engaging in them, I felt they lingered in the air and I couldn't rid myself of their residue. However, today....all that changed!

Before I move forward I feel I need to add a disclaimer on this post. I'm not writing this in order to promote any one church. I believe each of us have a church home picked by God. I've learned that we can be placed somewhere for a season in life and then find God wants us to move into another "house" in order for us to continue to grow in Him and follow His will for us. I will go more into this in a future post because this subject is not the reason for my posting tonight.

The message preached at my church this morning is the reason for my writing now. There is no way for me to begin to explain the message so Click Here to watch it in its entirety.

It's about an hour, but I wanted to share this message in it's entirety rather than trying to paraphrase it because I know there have to be others who are feeling the same as myself. Your life may be going well, and yet there is a sadness or tiredness you just can't seem to shake. You know and love Jesus, yet your joy is missing. You are doing all the "right" Christian things, and yet you are crying on the inside. Maybe you have been on fire for God and struggle to find any passion lately. Sadly, you feel you have to remain silent about how you really feel. You look at the situation of others and by comparison feel ashamed of the way you feel. You have been blessed, but that does not seem to change the way you feel.

Rather than sitting down to watch an hour of television, take the time this week to watch this message. If it's not speaking to you within the first 15 minutes, then by all means turn it off. Apostle Ron even states how this message will not be for everybody, but if it is for you, it is going to be very powerful and FREEING! I cannot tell you the weight that has been lifted from my spirit today. I have known for a while that I had grieving I needed to do, but was unable to let down that wall. This message helped me understand why I was feeling the way I was and how to begin to let it go! If anything I have written here has stirred something in you, then this is probably a message for you.

I would love to hear your thoughts after you watch the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment