Wednesday, June 12, 2019

For HIS Glory

Today I was listening to a worship song and singing happily along with the lyrics. As many of us do, I was singing without truly paying attention to the words I was speaking. Then, as usually happens when Tasha Cobbs enters the music rotation, God starts speaking. Here is what I was singing. 

Lord if I
Find favor in Your sight
Lord please
Hear my hearts cry
I'm desperately waiting
To be where You are
I'll cross the hottest desert
I'll travel near or far
For Your glory
I will do anything
Just to see You
To behold You as my King
For Your glory
I will do anything
Just to see you
To behold You as my King

After making this bold, heartfelt declaration, I heard God say "Really? You'll do anything? What about in ________?" I am inserting a blank here because the area God pointed out is one in which I have been struggling. You can insert your area of battle here for the sake of this illustration. Also, it's really none of your business what God called out on me. But I'm digressing.

He asked me....if it's for MY glory, are you willing to continue the fight? Will you quit before I get the glory? OUCH! OUCH! OUCH!

What if the very thing in life you are fighting is the exact thing God will use to bring glory to HIM? What will happen if you throw in the towel and quit? And I get it! Crossing the hottest desert and traveling near or far may seem like an easy option compared to the battle you are facing! Sign me up for the road trip any day! 

Even Jesus asked for God to "take this cup from me" (Matthew 26:39) as He was facing His death. Yet, He followed this cry by saying "Not MY will, but YOURS." When facing His biggest fight, He asked God to take it away. But He knew that taking the burden away was not why He was created. Taking the cross out of the picture would not bring God glory. Dying to self brings God glory! Let me say it again...

DYING TO SELF BRINGS GOD GLORY. IT'S NOT ABOUT YOU!!!!

So I will keep fighting. I will continue in the place I have wanted to quit. Because I know it will bring Him glory. I just want to be where He is, and He's in the battle. He's in the places where I am tired. He's in the middle of it all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment