Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Waiting

How many of us like to wait? I'm guessing that if you are like me, the answer is a resounding NO! Personally, I am in a season of waiting. Last Spring, God told me that I was to leave my job of 13 years in the corporate world. He showed me that I need to be home with my daughters and also for reasons He would reveal later.

The end of July, I quit my job. I cashed out everything and have been living on my "retirement". Already I have seen amazing blessings from this obedience. My oldest daughter is doing much better in school and both girls are more secure in their relationship with me. My friendships with other women have blossomed in ways I never imagined. I have been offered ministry opportunities that had I still been working, I would not have been able to accept. However, I'm definitely in a "meantime" season.

I frequently get asked "what are you going to do?". My answer? I. don't. know. What I do know is that God is the one in control, not me. He would not have told me to leave what I saw as secure if He did not have an amazing plan already in place for me. I only wish He would fill me in a little faster than the information is coming!


"For since the beginning of the world, Men have not heard nor perceived by the ear, nor has the eye seen any God besides You, Who acts for the one who waits for Him" Isaiah 64:4


You see, I could be quick to find income. I have people suggest ways of earning money on a regular basis. While all of their suggestions and ideas are great and would indeed provide an income, I know that I would be disobedient in taking action if it is not what God has in store for me. Waiting is hard for us. Our society tells us to "seize the day" or "just do it." Scripture tells us differently. God has amazing plans for us, we simply have to step back, give Him room, and wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment