Tuesday, October 12, 2010

True Love

Do you love Jesus? Lower your eyebrows because this is a valid question. Do you REALLY love Jesus? I mean, really LOVE Him? This is something I have been asking myself recently. I was thinking about this earlier this morning and then saw this scene outside my kitchen window:

A man and woman standing outside of their car embracing each other. I watched as they gently kissed each other and then pulled back to look at each other. They were gazing into each others eyes and caressing each others face and hair. Then they hugged each other. Then looked at each other again. Then kissed again. You get the picture.

I wonder if later today someone will ask him or her why they are smiling. I wonder if there will be something different in the look of their faces. I wonder if they will freely tell others of this love in their life. Or, will they not say anything because they don't want to offend anyone by telling them about their love.

As I was watching them, I asked myself if this is the LOVE I have for Jesus? Do I love His presence so much that I am hesitant to leave or do I look at my clock and wonder what I'm going to do next. Do I look into His eyes and rest against His chest as I feel Him caressing my face and hair. When others ask me what is different about me, do I tell them about the greatest love of my life or do I just grin and say "oh, nothing".


"You have persevered and have endured hardships for my name, and have not grown weary. Yet I hold this against you: YOU HAVE FORSAKEN YOUR FIRST LOVE." Revelation 2: 3-4 (emphasis mine)


My prayer today is that I would return to my first love. That I would not be ashamed of telling others about this love. That I would run to His embrace and not rush to leave Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment