Sunday, June 24, 2012

Being The Light

I feel I need to offer you all a sincere apology for not writing for the last week and a half. There really is no excuse other than being extremely busy and tired. I suppose those are valid excuses, but the reality is when you are in the middle of a God process, it's hard to get out in words all you are feeling, thinking, and experiencing. I've seen so many things over the last 10 days or so that have impacted me in ways I can't explain. Through all of it, I know the enormity of the miracles to come are beyond my comprehension.

In one of my last posts I explained the importance of the concert called Invasion that is happening in Charlotte on June 30. In addition to living my "normal" life of working as much as possible and being a single mom, I have been doing everything I possibly can to spread the word about this event. I've asked my girls to view last week and this upcoming week as if mom is on a missions trip, but they do get to see me for a few hours every day. There are some serious bills I need to get paid (insurance, register my car, electric, etc.) so I am doing everything possible within my own strength. To God's glory He has constantly provided me with the strangest ways to earn money. In addition to cleaning houses, I've performed secret shopper mystery shops and been selected for market research studies. I've sold things on Craigslist. I've also had people hand me money for no reason other than God told them. I've also witnessed a direct correlation between the more I give and serve God and the more blessings are arriving. Not that I do any of it in order to receive. The reason I do it is because God has already given me so much through His grace, forgiveness, and death on the cross, how could I NOT choose to live for Him fully?

I shared the above information not in an attempt to gain sympathy, but to share that no matter what battles or issues I may have in my life, I can say I have peace about it all. My comfort and my rest is in Christ. However, the reality of our world is most do not have this same peace and hope. As I've been out on the street passing out tickets for Invasion, I've seen hurt up close and personal. I've talked to prostitutes, strippers, addicts, alcoholics, and gang members. We were in one of the worst neighborhoods in Charlotte last night passing out tickets to men who had guns on their waistbands proudly displayed and at the ready if needed. We saw a girl about 15 walking alone at night on these streets wearing a bikini top and shorts. When we stopped to talk to her I saw the face of my 6 year old daughter and she spoke with even less confidence than her. When I handed her the ticket I held her hand for just a second and looked into her eyes to ask her name and told her how much I hoped to see her there on Saturday. She replied with a softly spoken "yes ma'am." As I drove off Amy and I looked at each other with looks of pain for this precious child of God who doesn't even know how treasured she is to Him.

Of all the faces I've seen and conversations I've had, there are certain ones that I can't forget. We are expecting over 25,000 people on Saturday and as crazy as it sounds, there are specific faces I will be looking for in that crowd. When you are out in the darkness you receive a new revelation of what it means to be in the light. We are not called to sit in our comfortable houses keeping the light all to ourselves. Nor should we expect the darkness to come to our door asking to come inside. Darkness does not have the ability to penetrate light. We are called to GO out into the darkness. Our light is to be carried into the darkness to show those living there that there is another way and there is one who is greater than any darkness they face.

" This is what God the LORD says-he who created the heavens and stretched them out, who spread out the earth and all that comes out of it, who gives breath to its people, and life to those who walk on it: 6 "I, the LORD, have called you in righteousness; I will take hold of your hand. I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people and a light for the Gentiles, 7 to open eyes that are blind, to free captives from prison and to release from the dungeon those who sit in darkness." Isaiah 42:5-7

I will try to write again this week, but the reality is I may not find time to do so. Please keep myself and the others who are going out into the streets in your prayers. It is likely there will be people out every night or day this week. Please also keep the entire Invasion leadership team in your prayers as we are finalizing all the last minute details. Please keep the artists in your prayers. Satan is very well aware of the threat we pose and in the past we have battled serious spiritual attacks in the days and hours before the event. Charlotte will be no exception, but we serve the ruler of everything and the one who has already defeated satan. Please also pray for more volunteers. The greatest tragedy in this would be for people to step into salvation with no one available to hold their hand or welcome them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment