Thursday, May 20, 2010

Hummingbird

Earlier this evening a friend was sharing how her dad just accepted Christ earlier this week. Her mother has been praying for him for years (decades!) and the subject came up how oftentimes we pray for someone and after a few months or a year we think "okay, this isn't working, I give up." I made the comment that I am so thankful I had people in my life that didn't see me as a lost cause and never gave up on me. As soon as I finished the sentence, someone pointed to the window and said "oh look! A hummingbird".

My mom loved hummingbirds. We had several feeders around the house and she always took such joy from watching them. I have a tattoo of a hummingbird in memory of her. The anniversary of her death is next Thursday. Tears came to my eyes when I saw this bird right after making a comment of those who never gave up on me. Thank you Lord for this subtle little reminder of my mom and how she is one who never quit on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment