Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nearing Home by Billy Graham

I found "Life, Faith, and Finishing Well" an excellent subtitle for Nearing Home by Billy Graham. Who better than Reverend Graham to give wisdom and guidance on how to walk out our faith all the way to the end of our days? A myriad of books exist on living for the "now" and how to extend the health of your life, but few address the subject of aging well. However, don't be quick to judge this as a book only for elderly readers. No matter your age you can gain wisdom from Rev. Graham.

I had wanted to read this book since it was first released, but had not found the time until now. I was not disappointed by my waiting. I learned how to approach aging not only for myself, but also how to address different issues facing the elderly. I was reminded how the value in life is not in material possessions, but in our relationships and the spiritual legacy we leave behind. I found the book easy to follow and quick to read. I read most of it while spending the afternoon at the pool! In true Graham fashion, the book contains numerous scriptures to support each statement made by Reverend Graham. Each chapter begins with both a supporting scripture and a quote from someone else. I am thankful for the not only the spiritual advice, but also the practical advice shared regarding wills and similar matters most people do not consider until later in life. There are not many books I keep to read again in the future, but this one will remain in my collection.

No comments:

Post a Comment