Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Unleash!

I am a person who goes through cycles of reading. When I am in the mood to read, I will have several books in process at once. Once the mood leaves I have a hard time reading anything at all. Currently I am in one of the cycles of reading and have no less than six books around the house that I am in the process of reading. When I saw Perry Noble's book Unleash! was being released, all the other books immediately had to take a back seat. 

I first have to recommend always reading the Bible for inspiration and revelation into living the Christian life. No author can come close to imparting wisdom like the God inspired word recorded in scriptures. If you are looking for a companion to your bible reading, then Unleash! is a great place to start. Having attended a leadership conference at NewSpring Church several years ago, I knew the type of personality to expect in a book written by Pastor Perry. I was not disappointed. 

I read Unleash in two days! Each chapter was inspiring and I could not wait to read more. When it ended I was disappointed! Here are a few of my favorite quotes:

"God wants to hear us laugh. God is not after our begrudging submission. He is after our joy,"

"We can live a life that is unleashed because of whose we are, not who we are."

"...one of the most damaging enemies of the unleashed life: religion."

"God’s love is in Christ, not in our performance."

"...if you don’t let your past die, then it won’t let you live."

"We can’t live a truly unleashed life until we begin to understand how precious we are to God."

"The key to living a meaningful life is to focus not on what we want but rather on who Jesus is and what He wants for us."

"We will never become fully who God has called us to be unless we grasp that life is not about getting other people to serve us but about how we can serve others."

"As followers of Christ, our primary goal is not to be understood but rather to be obedient."

"One of the marks of a person who is living an unleashed life is that they can acknowledge the goodness of God even when they are experiencing hell on earth."

These are just a few of the points Pastor Perry Noble makes throughout this book. In his typical "no holds barred" style, Pastor Perry gives Christians a much needed kick in the pants to get out of the spectator stands and begin living the life God is calling them to lead!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment