Tuesday, October 12, 2010

No Comparison

How often do we compare ourselves to others? We look at someone who is on the worship team singing and criticize ourselves for not being able to sing. We see an amazing speaker and think "I wish I could speak like that in front of people!" Or maybe it's in the smaller things.

Personally, housekeeping is something I struggle with. Having a spotless house is just not high on my priority list. However, there are times when I do wish I cared a little bit more! If any of you saw my bedroom in it's current state, you would be tempted to call a reality show to come start filming and back up the dump trucks.

How do you compare yourself to others? Are you so focused on the gifts God has given someone else that you fail to see the gift He has placed inside of you? Maybe you aren't front and center singing on Sunday, but you are in the nursery providing care for a baby so her parents can be ministered to by that person singing. You may not be the speaker that gives an altar call and sees salvations, but you are the person who greeted that person as they walked in the door. Because of your smile, they felt relaxed as soon as they arrived and YOU were the one who placed the key in the door of their heart so Jesus could come and unlock it.

"The human body has many parts, but the many parts make up one whole body. So it is with the body of Christ. " 1 Corinthians 12:12

Never forget that you and your gift is just as important as the gifts given to others. Without you and your talents, the body cannot function the way God intended. His design in the church and in YOU is perfect. I pray today that you focus more on the gifts He has placed inside of you and take time to unwrap those gifts for His glory!

Now, time for me to go clean my room!

No comments:

Post a Comment